Understanding the pandemic: 10-week series will break down the COVID-19 outbreak for the lay person
The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted everyone in some way, but many people may not fully understand how the virus is spreading, the impact it’s having on communities or the effort to track and contain the spread. A symposium hosted by the Indiana Pandemic Information Collaborative (IPIC) aims to answer those questions for the general public.
Beginning October 8. Sessions will occur virtually each Thursday from 4:30-5:30 p.m.
• Oct. 8 – The layperson’s guide to COVID-19: The evolution, the symptoms and prevention - Peter J. Embí, M.D., M.S., FACP, FACMI & Jeremy Harper M.S.
• Oct. 15 – Immune response and vaccination: Antibodies, DNA, immunity and more - Andy Yu, PhD
• Oct. 22 – Measuring the spread: How Indiana measured the prevalence of COVID-19 across the entire state - Nir Menachemi, PhD, MPH
• Oct. 29 - Hospitals, pop-up testing and health information exchange: How to prepare for a pandemic - Drew Richardson (IHIE) & Virgil Madden (MCPH) & Patrick McGill, M.D., FAAFP
• Nov. 5 – Engaging the community: COVID-19 and its impact on minority communities - Gerardo Maupome, BDS, MSc, PhD & Tisha Reid, BSPHA, CHWC
• Nov. 12 - Dashboarding: How data is translated into predictions and why the virus has been so hard to track and contain - Shaun J. Grannis, M.D., M.S., FAAFP, FACMI; Brian E. Dixon, PhD, MPA, FACMI, FHIMSS & Jeremy Harper, M.S.
• Nov. 19 - Interpreting models: Why coronavirus spread can't be tracked like a hurricane - Shaun J. Grannis, M.D., M.S., FAAFP, FACMI; Brian E. Dixon, PhD, MPA, FACMI, FHIMSS & Jeremy Harper, M.S.
• Dec. 3 - National collaborations: How organizations across the country are combining resources to address the pandemic - Melissa Haendel, PhD
• Dec. 10 – Schools and COVID-19: How reopening schools has impacted the spread - Chloe Gibbs, PhD
• Dec. 17 – Future Directions: How to prepare for the next pandemic
Oct 22, 2020 04:30 PM
Time shows in
Oct 29, 2020 04:30 PM
Nov 5, 2020 04:30 PM
Nov 12, 2020 04:30 PM
Nov 19, 2020 04:30 PM